• Head First PMP (2x)
• Rita’s PMP book (2x)
• PMBOK (Skim)Memorization was focused on:
• 9 Knowledge areas
• 5 Process groups
• Rita’s Planning process steps
• Formulas and conceptsTo help with memorization I used Cherries spread sheet as a base and updated to my personal preference and study material.
For the brain dump I prepared to write the 9 knowledge areas, 5 process groups, Rita’s planning steps and formulas. I later decided to skip the formulas as I knew them too well. My entire brain dump took 8 minutes and fit on one side of one piece of paper with room to spare.
Notice that I did not memorize the other process groups or the ITTOs. I did however know them for the most part due to the exposure during reading, studying and simulated tests.
Tests I used:
• Head First PMP online test - (1 week between) http://www.headfirstlabs.com/PMP/pmp_exam/v2/quiz.html
First time: 86%
Second time: 94%
• Rita Chapter tests (1 week between)
First time avg: 74%
Second time avg: 96%
Third time avg: 89.5%
• Oliverlehmann 75 (1 week between)
First time: 66%
Second time: 81.3%
• Oliverlehmann 175
Only time: 66.25%
• PM Study Free test
First Try: 66%
Second Try: 95%
• PM Study Test 2 ($20) – 78%
• PM Study Test 3 ($20) – 74%
I found that the PM Study tests helped focus me on areas I had not studied as much. I think it was $40 dollars well spent and helped me pinpoint where to focus. The PM Study site needs some improvements – you must use a different email address for each test you sign up for. If not, you lose access during your paid time. I had paid for Test 2 and then paid for Test 3 and lost access to Test 2 while gaining access to Test 3. Support was able to resolve the issue with another email address but I lost a test that was 50% in progress. Frustrating – but support did what they could so I can’t complain.
For the test – I marked a few questions but skipped reviewing. I was happy with the results and can now move forward.
Good luck to everyone.
More than 25,000 PMP aspirants passed the exam with PMPrepcast. More info? Click THIS